Labour talk

My labour experience in summary:-


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Not really..I was hoping that I conceive a few months later. But, I accept it with all my heart.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Of course.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Thrilled, happy, nervous…campur-campur la.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Nope. Why would I want to abort my first?!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? Late 20’s
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Urine test..using the pregnancy kit test and later confirmed by Dr.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hubby.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, doesn’t everybody else? We have no complaint, be it a girl or a boy.
9. DUE DATE? 09 Oct but born 4 days earlier. I was scheduled to meet the Dr/nurse on the 9th. They must have expected me to give birth few days later. Hehe..
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, but nothing major, occurred only in the 1st trimester. Thank God!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Jackfruit, pisang susu (some call it “pisang hotel”), nasi ayam (the one sold in the Wisma Merdeka Food Court)
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? The smell of cooking. Can't stand the smell of cooking oil, fried garlic and spices in the bak kut teh (I hate it until now.)
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD SEX? Female
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope. I’m happy with my first born.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Pound? I don’t know. But in kg, I think 17kg. :)
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? n/a
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Again, nothing major. 2 mths before due date, my Hb dropped but it was back to normal after that.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Hospital Likas (the old SMC building)
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Experienced contractions since morning but it didn't hurt that much, so I waited until hubby is back from work then only we went to the hospital. I was admitted at 07.00pm and delivered at 8.15pm. Had blood show the day before, but it turn-out to be false alarm pulak and was asked to go home. That's why I hesitated to go to the hospital when I felt the contraction earlier.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Hubby
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Dr X…(can’t remember the name), midwife and nurses…
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I sucked-in some Entonox
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 3.25kg
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 8.15pm
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Vanessa
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Coming to 1 year, 5 months

7 comments:

Hi there..nice blog u have..btw,apa tu pisang susu ah? :)

wahhh!!! masi ingat ko semua detail yer 1st pregnancy ooh..salute u mommy :D

Wahh...special case ko ni, mesti mkn nasi ayam yg di Wisma merdeka lagi tu..hihihihihih!

Oppss...Baru teringat part Entonox tu... kikiki... tp, mcm teda kesan pun... Ntah la pulak.. Mia, upload ba gmbr c Van2 time baru few hours or 1st day.. ;p

Carmelliny ~ Hi, tq for visiting.

Ada urang yg pggil ni pisang, pisang 3 bln. Saiz dia kicil2 mcm pisang emas tp rasa dia x semanis pisang emas. Byk tu kana jual d tamu.

Jppmom ~ ingat bah, baru 1 yr plus gia..klu bertahun2 suda mangkali x ingat suda lor :)

Mouren ~ tu la, misti yg ayam stim lagi tu...sot o kan.

Just ~ Inda jg bah terasa kesan entonox tu kan..ada bah d friendster tu.Nti2 la sia upload sni,tunggu masa yg sesuai kunun..kikiki...

Like Carmeliny says, what is a pisang susu? LOL!

Haha..that was the name given to that type of banana by the seller..I don't hv any idea why it was called pisang susu btw. :)